Monday 18 November 2013

Packing, flying and getting to YMCA

Packing...

Well I tried to bring my whole warderobe with me but very quickly I realised that it's not gonna work ;)

20kg for the main luggage and 10kg hand luggage
 
 
You are thinking, how am I suppost to pack into this for going away for nearly whole year???
Well, first of all I was advised to get a soft suitcase, you know the type that will easly fold over, and the reason is a limited space in the ship cabin... so that's what I've got.
So I felt exactly like you feeling right now... but trust me there is no need to bring to many clothes.
In the Academy we are wearing our uniforms at all time (to the Academy and on the way back). In the YMCA everyone wears track-suit.
Trust me, you will not go out for the first two weeks as there is so much to study but you will go out after that! haha ;) so yes, bring some nice clothes but not too many!!! Dont forget your beach clothes! ;)
 
Steiner will send you a list of what to bring so don't worry, but here is a few things that are handy to have:
 
Jessi Lepa has advised on her blog to bring the mini traveling iron - best advise ever! Thanks Jessi ;)
They do have irons in the YMCA that you can borrow, but this is just so handy to have of your own!
 
I also bought myself a medical watch - it is important to have it, if you forget it you will be running around Watford looking for one ;) so get yourself one before you leave.
 
For Ladies - nice bright eye shadows and bright lipsticks - even if now you are use to wearing a gentle make up - believe me, you will get very creative in this department ;)
 
Also for Ladies, you will need a transparent vanity bag - big enough so you can carry your mobile in it, passport and and the valuables into the class room as the changing room in the academy has no lockers. 
 
Flying...
 
I've decided to be convinient and wanted to fly from the nearest airport wich is only 20mins away from home, but had to land in the furthest airport from YMCA haha which was London Southend...
Lets forget the fact that flight took me 2hrs and getting to Watford from that airposrt took me 4hrs, I met so many nice and helpful people!!! :) Everyone was happy to show me the right way, so don't worry, you will get there, just make sure you ask and of course check your route before you leave home. But the metro and overground trains in London are fantastic :)
 
When you arrive at Watford Junction it's very easy, have a look ;)
 
 
 
Good luck with packing! haha :)
Any questions - e-mail me!!
 
Gosia =)
xxx
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment